Use Google Docs Offline – It’s super convenient to work with Google docs with an internet connection; however, it can be different when you have no internet connection.
With Google Drive, you can access all your documents online and make the necessary changes you want through your web browser. However, it’s not so great working with Google Docs when you lose internet connection and can’t edit your documents until reconnected.
There are ways to make your Google doc available while you are offline. So, if you’re in a place with an Unstable network or you simply like working offline, you can still have access to Google Docs. Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides all come with the ability to be edited offline. Therefore, you don’t have to get yourself all worked when you don’t have an internet connection to work on Google Docs.
Before you can turn on offline editing, there are few important things you need to do such as:
Steps to Use Google Docs Offline
- You have to sign in to your Google account if you are not already signed in.
- You need to sign in using a chrome browser, and you need to ensure you don’t use a private browser tab. This offline feature only works with Google’s own browser.
- You need to have access to the internet.
- You also need to install the Google Doc Offline extension
- You need to enable offline access. Just open Google Docs and sign in to your google account if you’ve not done so already. Then click the menu icon in the top-left of the screen and select “Settings” then enable the “Offline toggle.”
- Then you need to make sure your device has enough space to save the files you want to edit
How to Edit Google Docs Offline on Your Desktop
Once you’ve handled all the necessary steps above, then you can edit google doc offline by following these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- In the Offline section, tick the box that reads “ Create, open, edits your recent Google Docs, Sheets, Slides files on this device while offline”
- Then reload the page for each of the Google Drive files you want to edit while offline.
- If you want to save space, you can decide to save specific Google docs. To do this, just go to drive.google.com, then find the doc and right-Click on it. Then toggle on the “available offline” option.
How to Edit Google Doc Offline on Mobile App
To enable offline editing of Google Docs within your mobile app, just follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive App
- Then click the “More” (three stacked dots) Option next to the File you want
- Then Tap “Make Available Offline”
- So whenever you are offline, you can simply open the drive app, tap the three stacked dots and tap “Offline” to Access your saved files and also edit them if you wish.
The offline feature makes it possible for you to work on Google Docs, Sheets and Slides files even when you are not connected to the internet. So, you can take advantage of this if you love working offline or if you are in a place with an unsteady network connection.