MSN Hotmail has gone through a series of name changes, the email address may remain the same but the domain name keeps changing. The reason for the change of name from Hotmail to MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail to Outlook mail which is the most recent name is best known to the owners of Microsoft services.
Hotmail was initially known as Hotmail, but when Microsoft bought it, the name change occurred and was renamed to MSN (Microsoft Network) Hotmail; despite the name change, users can still access their Hotmail account through MSN web address.
The most recent change to Microsoft email services is the name change to Outlook.com, now any free email services provided by Microsoft can be accessed through the Outlook website.
So, once you enter your MSN Hotmail login details, you will be redirected to the outlook website. The outlook is now the email services you can use to access your Microsoft email accounts.
The name change does not affect logging to your account, and it does not stop you from retrieving your email messages, it is simply a name change (Change of Domain name or User interface).
So, once you are having problems logging into your account or problems of missing emails, you should contact customer care service, but it has nothing to do with the change of name.
Now, MSN Hotmail offers its users free access to the email services; users can send and receive unlimited messages to friends and family. Also, you can have access to the latest news, calendars, email messages, videos, weather forecast and other services available on the platform.
MSN Hotmail Log In
Due to the recent name change of Microsoft free email services to outlook.com, most email services and accounts can now be accessed through outlook website.
So, when you visit the MSN Hotmail web address, it’ll redirect you to outlook.com. So when you log into your account, you will see an Outlook user interface.
What just occurred is simply a name change or change in the user interface, the email accounts are still the same, and you can access yours using your login details.
Just follow these steps to log in to your MSN Hotmail account.
- You can choose to visit Outlook.com, or you can visit MSN Hotmail official website which automatically redirects you to the outlook website.
- To access your mail account, all you need is your Hotmail address and password.
- You can also go to Hotmail official email address, then when prompted to enter the email address, enter your MSN member ID and MSN member password.
- Then click SIGN IN. However, since the Hotmail interface is also Outlook, you can now access your MSN Hotmail account through outlook. Just click the mail tab on the screen to display your MSN inbox.
How to Create an MSN Hotmail Account
Creating an MSN Hotmail account is quite easy; just follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft sign up page, then click CREATE ACCOUNT
- Then click GET NEW EMAIL ADDRESS to create an outlook or Hotmail account, or you can enter your existing email address on the Username box.
- Finally, fill out other necessary info needed on the form, then finally click CREATE ACCOUNT.