Facebook Discover People feature is a feature added to Facebook to enable people to make new connections; this feature helps you to find and connect with people you have things in common with on Facebook. The Facebook discover feature is a good way to meet colleagues or people living in the same neighborhood with you right on Facebook.
The feature was rolled out 2 years ago, and it is available for both iOS and Android devices. All you are just required to do is locate the discover feature, update your profile there, register your interest to attend an event, and get to see a list of people attending the event. This feature is considered important for forging relationships with people you are not friends with but have things in common with, it can be useful for business and dating purposes.
It shows you a list of people attending the same events with you, people who live nearby and people who work with you. This is a good way to update your friends’ list with new people and start new relationships with them.
For those in search of people to date, this is a good way to find dating partners and people that you might find interesting. Facebook’s aim for developing this feature is to encourage new connections between people with to have things in common; it helps users find out more about the people they are working with or living in the same area with by connecting with on the discover page.
Features of Facebook Discover People
- The discover people page prompts people to update their bio on the ABOUT section on the page; this acts as the users’ profiles, and other users can contact them by tapping their profile on the page.
- It contains a list of people attending the same events with you, once you update your profile on the page, you can get to see a list of people attending the same events with you.
- It also has a list of profiles of people living in the same town or city with you, which means you can discover your neighbors on the page and connect with them on Facebook.
- You get to see a list of people working in the same company with you, which allows you to learn more about your work colleagues.
- You can browse through the list of profiles on the discover page and choose who you want to message and probably meet up with.
- Facebook claims that the information available on the page are only public information because people are quite concerned about their privacy on this feature. You just have to bear it in mind that once you update your profile and register your interest to attend an event, other users can browse through and find your profile if you have things in common with them.
How to Locate the Facebook Discover Feature
Discover people is a feature on your Facebook account that enables you to meet people you are not friends with but have things in common with, you can access this feature by following the following steps, if you don’t find the feature this means it is not yet available for you:
- Click the menu icon on your Facebook page ad scroll down the navigation section
- Below the Friends, Events, Groups, and other options, you will find the Discover feature.
- Tap into the new section on the Discover page, and you will be required to introduce yourself
- You will be prompted to update your current profile, your bio, and add featured photos to your profile.
- Once you register an interest to attend an event, or you have been invited, or you plan to attend an event, you will get to see a list of people attending the same event.
- Tap into the area designated as PEOPLE GOING TO. This will enable you to access profiles of people attending an event, and you can swipe through it.
- You can also get to see the list of people living in your town and people working in the same place as you.
Facebook is a great way of keeping in touch with existing friends and connecting with new people; the Discover People feature enables you to connect with new people.
The purpose of this feature is to encourage new connections and help you find and connect with people who have things in common with you. So, if you are feeling like your friend list is empty, and you want to make new friends, simply visit the Discover People page to make new connections.
Stay connected to Quizzec for more enriching contents.